What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is an ancient system of healing that aims to educate and empower individuals to be in full control of their own health and recovery, to use the planet’s specially-designed plant and natural medicine and to share healthy lifestyle suggestions that aid in recovery while fully embracing the body’s own healing power.
- Comprehensive case-taking
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (Body-Chemistry assessment)
- Essential Fatty Acid Ratio testing
- Blood spot testing
- Nutritional analysis (including assessment for food sensitivities and allergies)
- Saliva hormone analysis.
The following are an example of some, but not all, of the complaints and conditions our naturopaths work with in clinic:
Digestive system complaints
- Digestive complaints
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Food sensitivities and allergies, coeliac disease, gluten intolerance
- Weight gain and loss
- Gall bladder, liver, kidney and stomach issues, including infections, irritations and reduced function.
- Hormonal dysregulation
- Reproductive hormone issues
- Diabetes mellitus
- Thyroid concerns, including Grave’s disease, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
- Addison’s disease
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Pre-conception care
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Menopausal complaints
- Birth preparation
- Post-partum issues
- Breastfeeding and lactation concerns
- Breast cancer support
- Other female reproductive cancer (ovarian, uterine, etc.) support
- Erectile dysfunction
- Prostate issues, including elevated PSA
- Joint issues and pain
- Bone health
- Recurrent muscle cramps, muscle repair
- Post-fracture support and healing
- Osteoarthritis, bursitis, tendonitis
- Recurrent UTIs
- Urinary urgency or incontinence
- Enlarged prostate
- Kidney infections/stones
- High/low blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Recurring colds, flus, ear and throat infections
- Food sensitivities resulting in
- Candidiasis (Candida) infections
- Autoimmune conditions and complaints
- Allergies of all kinds
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Acute conditions such as viruses, bacteria infections, etc.
- All kinds of skin complaints (infant, childhood, adolescent and adult), including mild to severe acne, psoriasis, eczema, urticaria, undiagnosed skin rashes and more
- Fungal infections
- Dry or excessively oily hair, ringworm
- unusual hair loss/excess body hair growth patterns
Sensory system function:
- Eye care, minor eye irritations
- Impaired sensory health, including tinnitus, issues with loss of smell or taste, etc.
- Sensory processing issues/sensory overload
Nervous system issues:
- Anxiety, depression, stress, burnout
- Headaches, migraines, blackouts
- Insomnia and other sleep issues
- Prevention of cognitive decline / maximizing cognitive function.
- ADD/ADHD, OCD and related complaints
We have a specialty and high success rate in natural fertility and reproductive healthcare. Our naturopaths have helped couples achieve a healthy conception, pregnancy and birth, even when parents are older or when facing histories of infertility, recurring miscarriages, stillbirths, failed IVF treatment, complications from endometriosis or other complications. We also work with individuals or couples seeking healthy and natural contraceptive care and information. Please check our fertility page for more information.